Thursday, May 05, 2005

Elvis Costello

I've been a huge fan of Elvis Costello since I started college. Armed Forces and My Aim is True were part of the new wave, and it was all part of the excitement of freshman year in college. For a kid from the Midwest who thought that Bob Seger, REO Speedwagon, Head East and Billy Joel were the pinnacle of contemporary music, Elvis Costello was a totally new thing. Smart, interesting, exciting new music. At a time when I was falling in love and living away from home for the first time, it was like musical adrenaline.

But I've never seen a live show of Elvis Costello.

I was supposed to see him Tuesday night - front row, balcony seats. But he cancelled, due to a throat infection. He'll come back in August.

Sigh. Isn't that what maturity is all about - delayed gratification?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Can't wait to see him in August.

5/20/2005 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home