Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blogger Appreciation - Midtown Miscreant

The best writing going on in Kansas City right now is being published at Midtown Miscreant's blog, and it's there for free.

Specifically, go read this post. Then, read this post. If you're a fan of brilliant writing, you'll find yourself impatiently waiting for the third part of this 3-part series.

You may not believe this, but years and years ago, this kind of thing might show up in the KC Star, written by a columnist. Check out the archives of the Kansas City Star columnists, and see if you can find anything approaching Midtown Miscreant's level of skill in bringing a fresh angle to a compelling story. Heck, go ahead and check the New York Times or any other newspaper. If you find it, please let me know.

Midtown Miscreant is not writing this for money (though I wish he would put a paypal link up). He's not going to win a Pulitzer, and I doubt anybody asks him to come speak to their Rotary Club. On the other hand, he's not trying to please a mercurial editor, and he's not worried about getting fired.

Midtown Miscreant is gutsy, honest, compelling and talented. Those of us who read him are lucky that he gives us his stories.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger kcmeesha said...

ditto

10/31/2009 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I look forward to see what MM has to say.

10/31/2009 10:22 AM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

I concur! The guy is genius. Can't believe no one has hired him.

10/31/2009 10:49 AM  
Blogger I Travel for JOOLS said...

Amen to that.

10/31/2009 10:49 AM  
Blogger Mark Smith said...

I was googling my name for the 7th time today and I saw this post.
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

11/01/2009 11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once thought MM was a real stinking blue cheese and I loved his stuff. Then, he started to smack mildly of Swiss cheese. Now, he's just cheesey.

12/31/2009 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home