Friday, February 13, 2009

ANOTHER New Brewery in the Metro? My Cup Runneth Over!

Last night I was at the 75th Street Brewery, doing my best to finish up their inventory of my Triple Sugar Trippel, and I chatted a bit with Nick Vaughn, the brewer. He let me in on his big new project - The Doodle Brewing Company.

This isn't going to be a brew pub - it is going to be a producer of bottled beers that you will be able to buy off the shelves of your favorite beer stores and drink at home. That makes me particularly happy, since his brewery will be up in Liberty.

Here's a description of the first beer we're going to get to taste:
The Dubbel Doodle is the first beer released by the Doodle Brewing Company. This Dubbel style draws on the old school Abbey beers brewed by the monks in Belgium to drink while they were fasting.

The Dubbel Doodle pours a dark mahogany with a slight red at the edges of the glass. The aroma reveals a malt sweetness with hints of toffee and raisin present but not dominating. The first sip fills your tounge with a caramel like sweetness with a slight plum/raisin aftertaste lingering. The last sip fills you with sorrow, until the next time you are able to enjoy another one of these hand crafted artisinal beers.
Dubbels are probably my favorite beer style in the world, so this is good news, indeed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eugene said...

Any info on time frame till first beer is pumped out?

2/16/2009 8:24 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Waiting for a bank loan to be completed, so I figure at least a couple months. He has his equipment all picked out and ready to order.

2/16/2009 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home