Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BJCP! Back to School!

The time is finally nearing!

A while back, I wrote about the Beer Judge Certification Program, and a local opportunity to become an expert on beer styles and judging homebrew. Yesterday, I received an email announcing the class schedule - one Sunday afternoon per month until July, when we take the final exam to become certified beer judges.

(Rumor has it that we will be invited to assist with the judging at the Kansas City Biermeisters' 26th Annual Regional Homebrew Contest - one of the select few homebrew contests that lead toward the much-coveted Nationals. If you've never had the opportunity to participate in a high-level brewing contest, where you focus in on a particular style and taste the best samples produced by some of the best brewers side by side, you're in for a treat.)

If you contacted me before about participating in the class, but didn't receive an email yesterday, then contact me again so I can make sure the organizers get in touch with you. Even if you didn't contact me, but want to join the class, email me.

For the first time in my academic career, I am truly looking forward to homework assignments.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be teaching!

1/28/2009 8:42 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

I've signed up for those classes too, and I'll be helping at the Bier Meisters competition. See you there!

1/28/2009 9:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

signed up and looking forward to it!

1/28/2009 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home