Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Peter Kinder Loses Temper, Compares Dr. Sam Page to Hitler and Goebbels

I wrote yesterday about how well-qualified Sam Page is for the position of Lieutenant Governor. I didn't focus much on Kinder, the incumbent, other than to point out even he that doesn't realize the scope of the job, because I wanted to stay positive on one of the best and nicest candidates I have met in my years of political involvement.

In the video below, Peter Kinder shows his anger about getting caught rewarding a $40,000 campaign donor with a $1,000,000 tax credit, and compares Dr. Sam Page to Hitler and Goebbels - it's at about 2:15.

Peter Kinder, please get control of yourself.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan:

Context is everything. He didn't compare Page to Hitler. He compared Page's accusation with the "Big Lie" advocated by Hitler. There is a bit of a difference.

I've followed your blog for a long time and generally think you do a respectable job of reporting facts albeit with your particular slant. I understand and expect you to editorialize, by the way, so don't assume I object to you expressing your opinion. I've just grown to expect better editorializing from you.

Based on your headline, I expected to see Kinder flip out and compare Page to Hitler. He really didn't do that. FWIW, I don't like Kinder, but I have to admit, he did a pretty good job of pointing out some pesky facts that undermine some of Page's accusations relating to the $40,000.00 contribution and the tax credit.

You can do better . . . and you usually do. I realize its been a long election stretch and truth becomes a scarce commodity, but please don't turn off that good brain of yours and let yourself be manipulated by third rate ads from either party.

10/29/2008 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh come on Anon! Is there really a reason to put Hitler in the same sentence with any of these candidates? He knew what he was doing which is why he stopped after one quick stumbled sentence.

Can this guy be any more of the stereotypical Missouri Republican Elected Official? A fake rural, Rich, White, Arrogant, Boring, Angry but still happy to lie with a smile pr·ck.

10/31/2008 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home