Friday, October 17, 2008

Brew Day!

Regular readers will recall that I won the 75th Street Homebrew Contest back in August. The victory brought with it the opportunity to participate in scaling up my 10 gallon recipe to their 200+ gallon equipment, and spending the day working in a professional brewhouse. Well, today's the day, and I'm looking forward to playing in the big leagues.

For those of you eager to try my recipe, you'll have to wait about a month. It should be ready in mid-November. If the recipe comes out as tasty and complex as we hope, the brewers dangled the possibility of aging some of it in their oak whiskey barrels, so it would have a second release in December. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but that would be the coolest thing ever.

So, while you are grinding away today at your work stations, I will be immersed in the world of hops and barley . . .

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh now THAT is the kinda work I could really get into on a Friday afternoon.

Have fun man, can't wait to try the results.

10/17/2008 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home