Saturday, September 17, 2005

Driving Across Missouri

Yesterday evening was my 20th law school reunion. Of the trip there, the less said the better. 3 hours to Columbia - bumper to bumper to Oak Grove. And someday, you little prick in the black Mercedes sports car, you're going to drive all the way up to the barrels before attempting to merge, and I'm going to be waiting for you with that bazooka my second amendment friends want me to have, and . . .

The reunion itself was a good time, but not very blogworthy. Unless someone out there knows what happened to a classmate of ours named Kim Copeland . . .

But the ride home was wonderful. Missouri is a pretty state, even from the vantage point if I-70. Rolling hills, pretty streams, lush greenery, bright wildflowers. We were even blessed by seeing billboard-sized proof of our governor's failure to impose Puritanism on our state. Not being in the market for a super-sized dildo or a movie about plastic-breasted nymphos molesting pizza-delivery men, I didn't stop, but it's nice to know that when I feel the need, I won't have trouble finding the places on I-70 catering to it.

I hope Blunt and Bartle enjoy the trip as much as I did.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Stayton said...

What's the weather? I fly in Thursday, will drive to Old Kinderhook (?) Golf course on Friday morning, play Friday, Saturday and Sunday with 11 other guys, drive back, and fly back to Tampa on Monday.

9/17/2005 9:33 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

The weather at the Lake is supposed to be right around 90 for the high during the time you're there - chilly for a Tampa resident, I think. KC will be a little cooler - should be good weather for the Plaza Art Fair.

Does your schedule include time for a beer or two Thursday or Sunday evening?

9/18/2005 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home