Saturday, January 10, 2004

Kansas City Jazz

On Thursday, I went and listened to Will Matthews on Thursday night at the Blue Room, which is part of the American Jazz Museum in the 18th and Vine Historical District. It was a great time. Now, the question is, why is that the first time I've been there in such a long time?

Why is it that I would normally sit at home and watch TV instead of getting off my lazy butt and experiencing something wonderful? Less than 15 minutes away from my home is a place I can sit and listen to world-class music, and there was NO COVER CHARGE! Many of the people there were drinking water or coffee, though I treated myself to a couple pale ales from the local brewery. Why were there only 25 or so people there, in a city with more than a million?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home