Monday, July 28, 2008

Living Like Royalty

Through an unlikely but fortunate string of events, I wound up with 5 tickets to yesterday's Royals-Tampa Bay baseball game. But not just any seats - Crown seats. A few yards behind the homeplate umpire, buffet before the game, all you care to consume food and beverage during the game, brought to you by waitstaff.

Gold parking pass that put us between the two stadiums.

A 6-1 victory over Tampa Bay.

Hot weather, but plenty of beer and ice water to keep comfortable.

Most importantly, 4 good friends to share the game with.

The Crown seats are amazing, and I hope, if you're a baseball fan, you get to sit in them someday. Seeing the game with your eyes at the same level as the players' is really something special. I'm not sure I would ever pay the $185 face value, but it was nice to live like royalty yesterday.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, Dan, you can pass those things around. A game is even better with company you can enjoy stimulating conversation with; ones who do not always agree with you . . .

:-)

Sounds like you had a good time. Even liberals deserve that, I guess, even though they so often seem determined to deny same to others . . .

7/28/2008 10:01 AM  
Blogger les said...

My envy knows no bounds. On the other hand, if it's your presence that's needed to get performance out of Davies and Butler, I guess I can only urge you to get out more.

7/28/2008 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,

I enjoyed the game and I appreciated the fact that you refrained from spewing too much liberal stuff. I did notice, however, that you sat on my left and favored the left fielder.

7/30/2008 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home