Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Good Bush Move

Bush announced yesterday that he would begin a dacade-long process of redeployment of US troops, reducing our expensive and unnecessary presence in Germany and other Western European countries. While I am no military expert, the plan sounds prudent and well-reasoned.

When I first heard the news, my thought process was kind of funny. I was truly surprised to find a decision of the Bush Administration that I had no argument with. Then it struck me how sad and polarized he has made this country. In a world where the Bush adminisration has set out to dismantle our international standing, civil rights and environmental protections, a common-sense decision like yesterday's stands out as a shining beacon of good judgment.

It shouldn't be this way. Bush has shown one instance of good government in three and a half years of running the country. Let's not pat him on his head too vigorously.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

However, that'll just free up troops that can be used other places. And knowing Bush, that probably means either Syria or Iran...

8/17/2004 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home